How To Turn A Pumpkin Into A Bird Feeder
I always have so much fun carving pumpkins every year for Halloween. See I’m still sort of a big kid when the holidays roll around. But I always have an extra pumpkin or two. Now I know what to do with them!
Such a super simple project just about anyone can do. Even me! All you need is:
- a thick upholstery needle with a wide eye
- a spool of narrow (“baby”) ribbon, narrow enough to fit through the eye of the needle
- miniature pumpkins, blotted dry with paper towel
- a chef’s knife or paring knife (whichever you’re more confident with).
- a melon-baller or grapefruit spoon
- A teasspoon and some birdseed
Follow along with the pictures and read all the instructions on Sakurako Kitsa’s Flickr post called How to recycle a small decorative pumpkin into a bird feeder.
So if you have any pumpkins that you’re not sure what to do with, try this out. Take some photos and send us a link to them!